Sunday, January 17, 2010

I can't talk right now, I'm in a war

We've all heard of call of duty, right? Every girl I know who has guy friends, a boyfriend, or a husband has at least one ridiculous story about how far guys will go to play this game. One night, a friend and I came back to her place from an evening out to discover her husband and two friends playing the game projected onto a sheet draped over the entrance to their living room. We had to wait until a break in the action to even move the sheet!

Well, I recently discovered that there might be hope for the ladies when it comes to understanding this obsession with video games. Apparently, the people who created call of duty and the twilight series have decided to collaborate to create a brand new type of video game. Called "Twilight: Modern Warfare 2," this version will appeal to both boys, men, teenaged girls, and middle-aged women, as it features all the action of the original call of duty, as well as shirtless shots of "Moonbeam" (you guessed it, Jacob the werewolf) and "Sparkles" staring moodily off into nowhere (Edward Cullen, whose chest "sparkles in the sun").

While I'm not a huge Twilight fan (and have actually played the actual call of duty), I think the creative forces behind this combo are on to something. Let's just imagine the possibilities. For example, with Madden or any of the other sports games, they could add an option where you could select certain players to play shirtless or have a "level" where you can go into the locker room and "interview" players for points. Or maybe instead of the chubby Mario and Luigi on Super Mario Brothers, you got the JoBros (again, appealing to the Twilight set), Brad and George (Pitt and Clooney, respectively), or Jude Law and Colin First (if, like me, you have a thing for accents). I think I might be onto something...what do you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment