Sunday, January 3, 2010

Are there waffles in your long underwear?

Since this is my first post, a brief note about what I'll be doing--I'll be answering questions, providing commentary (about my life and the world around me), and--hopefully--entertaining you!

With that in mind, I've gotten my first question, provided on a freaking freezing cold trip into Meijer for car floormats. Because you can't just buy one thing at Meijer, my shopping partner picked up some long underwear (on sale of $6.99!!!) and asked me why long underwear has waffle weave. And, my lovely reader(s), this is how is works: you ask, and I find the answer...

Long johns, also known as long underwear, are two-piece garments worn underneath clothing to provide an extra layer of warmth. The tiny pockets in the waffle design keep your body warm by trapping body heat and holding it against your skin. The waffle weave design actually works so well in keeping you warm that it hasn't really changed that much over the years.

Inspired to go out and buy some long underwear after reading this post? Try here.
I feel warmer already! Well, that's all I have on this cold January night, but I'm here to answer your questions. Remember, nothing's off limits!

PS-In my research for this post, I found a website dedicated to men's panties." It should not be that easy to get "men's panties" when you type in "waffle weave long underwear" as your search terms. I mean, I'm a smartypants, but there are some things even I don't want to know about. Do you hear me, Google?

No comments:

Post a Comment